The ‘Introduction to Japanese Acupuncture‘ course has been designed to give students and practitioners of TCM a general understanding of Japanese style Acupuncture. It sets the foundations of understanding that a practitioner of TCM needs so that they may incorporate the techniques and treatment approaches of Japanese style acupuncture in clinic.
Introduction to Japanese Acupuncture Course Summary
- theoretical explanation and demonstration of unique Japanese Acupuncture needling and moxibustion techniques
- learn the historical and philosophical roots of Japanese Acupuncture
- gain insight into how five element theory fits into the theoretical framework of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- discover new ideas around the use of pulse diagnosis, palpation and treatment structure
- explore the potential of painless, gentle approaches to acupuncture treatment
- learn from the experience of Alan Jansson, practitioner and teacher of Japanese Acupuncture for over 25 years
- approved by the Californian Board, NCCAOM and the Chinese Medicine Board of Australia for 6 PDA/CPD points
Meet your teacher – Alan Jansson
Alan has practiced TCM and Japanese Acupuncture for nearly 30 years. He has studied with one of Japans finest Acupuncturists, Masakazu Ikeda sensei and continues to practice the traditional style of Acupuncture as it was taught to him by his mentor. Over the past 20 years Alan has invited students into his clinic to learn the craft first hand through clinical experience. It has brought Alan much joy to see his students grow into successful practitioners, which is how World Acupuncture came into being. Alan is now busy traveling around the world presenting workshops, but is committed to developing video lessons for the World Acupuncture internet community, all while maintaining a busy practice at home in which he treats over 90 patients a week.
World Acupuncture student testimonial
“The best thing I have ever done for my practice” – Fiona Johnson, BHSc TCM
“I am very impressed with the new website. It looks amazingly professional, easy to navigate, and jam packed with, what I believe is the greatest hub of information and knowledge on traditional acupuncture out there at the moment.” – Chris Curtis, Acupuncturist